What are the symptoms of oesophageal cancer?
If you have any of the following symptoms please see your doctor. These symptoms may also occur for ailments other than cancer. Your doctor will advise if you need tests and where you should go to have these tests.
- Difficulty swallowing
- Acid reflux, indigestion or heartburn
- Inability to keep food down, meaning it comes back up as soon as you swallow
- Difficulty eating, leading to weight loss
- Pain in the centre of your chest, under your breastbone
- Persistent cough, or one that is brought on by eating
- Coughing up blood
- Dark bowel motions
This information should not be used to replace medical advice.
+61 3 9496 2444
1800 134 864 - country patient toll free
131 450 - free telephone interpreter service (TIS)