Flexible hours and autonomous role
2IC to CFO
Play a part in finding better treatments for cancer
Attractive salary with generous salary packaging benefits
The Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute (ONJCRI) is an independent medical research institute located in Heidelberg. Our mission is to discover and develop breakthrough therapies to help people live better with cancer and defeat it. Our research laboratories sit alongside patient treatment facilities to optimise collaboration between researchers and clinicians. The integration of laboratory and clinic ensures the rapid translation of scientific discoveries into clinical trials for the development of new cancer treatments. We investigate and develop treatments for cancers of the breast, bowel, lung, melanoma, prostate, liver, gastrointestinal and brain. The ONJCRI is a global leader in the development of immunotherapies, targeted therapeutics and personalised cancer medicine.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly experienced, hands-on Finance Manager to work alongside the COO/CFO. You will provide strategic financial leadership, management and board reporting, budget development and continuous monitoring and evaluation of financial performance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management reports and quarterly board reports including timely analysis and commentary of variances
- Planning and budgeting for all departments and analysing trends and variances
- Compliance with all statutory financial lodgments (GST & FBT) and preparation of annual statutory financial statements
- Management of accounts payables and receivables and treasury functions
- Undertaking financial compliance reporting to various funding agencies in accordance with terms and conditions of the funding agencies
You have relevant tertiary qualifications and current CA/CPA accreditation. In addition, you can demonstrate:
- Experience in all aspects of budget preparation, analysis and evaluation of financial performance
- Strong technical background, outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Systems savvy with exposure to financial systems implementation
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and a collaborative team player
- Ability to translate and communicate complex financial data to non-financial managers
- Ability to be proactive and take total ownership of the role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains & Workplace Requisition would be an advantage but not essential.
To download the position description click here.
Please forward your cover letter, curriculum vitae, including details of 3 referees, quoting the reference number ONJCRI-033/2018 to the Chief Financial Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 20 April 2018