Part time role (2 days spread over 3 days per week), 6 month fixed term
Suits a part-time student, retiree or stay at home parent
Generous salary packaging benefits to $15,900 per annum
About the position
We are currently looking for a self-motivated and highly organised Purchasing and Finance Officer to join our friendly team. You will be responsible for providing superior customer service to the researchers and support staff of ONJCRI to ensure that their purchasing needs are met in an effective and timely manner.
Key accountabilities include:
- Responsible for processing of the ONJCRI’s purchase orders, including placing orders, reviewing the orders, printing of supporting documentation and responding to queries in relation to orders/delivery from internal and external parties.
- Responsible for processing delivery documentation including matching purchase orders to delivery dockets and recording in the purchase order system.
- Separating and dispatching signed purchase orders and filing associated paperwork as appropriate while awaiting delivery/invoice.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock within the storeroom.
- Prepare reports as required for the Laboratory and Facilities Manager regarding use of consumables.
- Liaison and requisition of goods from Austin Health stores.
- Ordering all office stationery.
- Booking of couriers.
We are looking for a person with a proven track record of meeting deadlines in a highly efficient and proactive manner. Demonstrated experience in a purchasing/finance support role is required as is the capacity to learn new processes and skills. A strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills and sound organisational and time management skills are a must!
Experience in laboratory support/medical sector is not essential but would be considered an advantage.
Click here to download the Position Description. Please forward your cover letter and CV with 3 referees and quoting reference number ONJCRI-019/2016 to Anna Prusa, HR Manager at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14 September 2016
Due to anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.