Unique greenfield opportunity to establish a Translation Office
Exciting opportunity for an experienced, hands on Commercialisation Associate
Highly collaborative environment, with a focus on fostering partnerships with researchers, academia and industry
Generous salary packaging benefits
About the position
The Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute (ONJCRI) has recently experienced significant growth, expanding research activities to include five distinct cancer research programs, genomic and single cell sequencing platforms, patient bio-banking and multi-platform capability. The ONJCRI Strategic Plan 2020-2024 is now focused on strengthening our position as a leading translational focused cancer research institute, with a key aspect being enhanced translation and commercialisation of the Institute’s research outputs.
ONJCRI is pleased to offer this opportunity for a Commercialisation Associate to make their mark by establishing a ‘fit for purpose’ Translation Office to promote the successful linking of research discoveries with commercial and translation outcomes. This dynamic role will report to and work closely and collaboratively with the Legal Counsel.
You will be responsible for:
- Assessing the commercialisation potential of new technologies;
- Proactively developing productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders with a focus on identifying commercial and clinical collaborations;
- Intellectual Property (IP) capture, technology transfer and commercialisation across the Institute;
- Managing the negotiation and execution of material, data and reagent transfer agreements, collaboration agreements, confidentiality agreements, commercialisation, licensing and assignment agreements;
- Identifying and supporting opportunities to secure development and industry funding;
- Development of templates, policies and agreements (working with the Legal Counsel as required) to enhance IP capture, collaboration and licensing.
To succeed in this dynamic and challenging role you will have:
- Strong strategic thinking and a proactive attitude;
- A demonstrated track record in securing collaboration, licensing and technology agreements, including 2 years or more of biomedical industry experience in either biomedical product development, business development or technology transfer;
- Proven agreement negotiation and drafting, including familiarity with IP related agreements and risk mitigation terms;
- A PhD in a relevant biomedical discipline, with further research experience through post-doctoral or industry positions a clear advantage.
As an ONJCRI staff member, you will have access to professional development and mentoring, state of the art facilities and generous benefits including the ability to salary package.
Click here to download the position description.Please forward your application with the subject heading Commercialisation Associate to Gabrielle Hirsch, Legal Counsel at Gabrielle.Hirsch@onjcri.org.au, with the following documents: Cover letter, Resume (clearly outlining relevant skills and experience) and the details of three referees (referees will only be contacted after interview).
Closing Date for Applications: 24 July 2020