Newly created, multi-faceted role to support the HR and Legal Offices
Generous salary packaging benefits
Full time and fixed term
About the position
Due to an exciting period of growth, the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute is seeking a motivated and highly organised Administration Assistant to join our Professional Services Team. Working across both the HR and Legal Offices, this is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to develop specialised skills in respect of human resources and legal administration (including exposure to intellectual property management) within a research-based not-for-profit organisation. In addition, the Administration Assistant will provide admin support in relation to seminar coordination, event coordination and general office management.
This opportunity will suit a highly ethical and professional individual who will bring initiative, drive & commitment, who is detail orientated, possesses strong organisational and communication skills, embraces challenges and who flourishes in working in a varied role within a collaborative, team based environment.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience in an administrative role within a specialised or professional services environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communications skills;
- High level computer competency and literacy, particular with MS Office Suite, diary management and experience working with databases;
- Strong commitment to quality, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn new systems, multi-task and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines;
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills;
- A ‘can do’, flexible and adaptive attitude and demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as HR, legal or business studies, or previous experience within the tertiary or research sector, would be considered desirable.
As an ONJCRI staff member, you will have access to generous benefits including salary packaging of $18,550 per annum and flexible working arrangements.
Click here to download the position description. Please forward your cover letter and CV with 3 referee details, quoting the reference number ONJCRI-059/2020 to Anna Prusa, HR Manager and Gabrielle Hirsch, Legal Counsel, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 4 March 2020
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO ANTICIPATED HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED