Suit a part-time accounting student, retiree or stay at home parent
Generous salary packaging benefits to $18,550 per annum
Heidelberg location, close to public transport
About the position
This newly created role of Assistant Accountant reports to the Finance Manager and is responsible for assisting with financial reporting requirements including month end and year end processes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Updating and maintaining fixed asset register;
- Maintenance of accounting systems covering transactions for income and expenditure;
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger and all other financial data, including balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts as required;
- Assist with month end and year-end financial accounting processes and requirements;
- Provide assistance to the Finance Officer with the effective management of ONJCRI’s creditors and debtors in accordance with usual terms of settlement with suppliers, outside agencies and staff.
This part time opportunity will suit applicants who are either working towards their CPA/CA qualifications, retirees or parents who need flexibility with their caring responsibilities. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) is considered highly desirable.
If you have outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with excellent attention to detail then we’d like to hear from you.
To download the position description click here.
Please forward your cover letter, curriculum vitae, including details of 3 referees, quoting the reference number ONJCRI-034/2018 to Anna Prusa, HR Manager, via email at email@example.com
Applications close 31 August 2018.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.