Newly created role to support the Co-Director of the Centre For Research Excellence (CRE) in Brain Cancer
Excellent opportunity to work within a translational medical research setting
Generous salary packaging benefits
About the position
The recently established Centre for Research Excellence (CRE) in Brain Cancer sits within the Tumour Targeting Program of the ONJCRI, which has a focus on antibody based targeting of cancer, induction of cell killing through immune modulated and payload strategies, receptor biology and molecular imaging.
Working collaboratively with the Co-Director of the CRE, the Project Officer will provide effective project management and scientific administrative support to the Co-Director, including:
- Database entry and database management
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of applications and reports for grants and other funding opportunities
- Assisting with the preparation and development of clinical protocols, Human & Animal Ethics Committee submissions and other related documents such as those required for regulatory approval
- Assisting with tracking and management of project budgets, timelines and milestones
- Data collection and data entry into clinical and biospecimen databases
- Report preparation and data analysis
- Assistance with manuscript preparations for papers
- Coordination of collaborative interactions and projects with multiple stakeholders
- Appointment scheduling and documentation management
This is a unique opportunity for a highly organised and dedicated Project Officer or a researcher looking to move into a project support role within a collaborative environment of clinical researchers committed to best practice research and positive outcomes for patients and the community. You will have:
- Effective project management support skills including the ability to support multiple projects to deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in protocol development and writing, ethics submissions and clinical report writing
- Experience in scientific and grant writing
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements and processes for clinical trials programs
An excellent verbal and written communicator, you will have a high attention to detail and meticulous record keeping skills, coupled with strong computer skills particularly in database design and use. Your ability to work independently and to be self-motivated will ensure you succeed in this role.
As an ONJCRI staff member, you will have access to generous salary packaging of $18,550 per annum and flexible working arrangements.
Click here to download the position description. Please forward your cover letter and CV with 3 referee details, quoting the reference number ONJCRI-048/2019 to Associate Professor Hui Gan, Co-Director of the CRE, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 31 May 2019