Full time research opportunity
Involvement in 'bench to bed' research
Generous staff benefits including salary packaging to $18,550 per FBT year
About the position
This position reports to one of our Clinician Scientists and as such, the Research Assistant will have the opportunity to be involved in ‘bench to bed’ research.
Key accountabilities include:
- Performing drug and dietary intervention studies in mice
- Analysis of mouse tissues using DNA, RNA and protein based techniques including qPCR, western blotting, immunohistochemistry, FACS and microscopy
- Cell culture of established cell lines
- In vitro-based functional assays (proliferation, adhesion, migration, invasion, zymography)
- Genotyping and documentation of knockout mouse colonies
- Routine laboratory maintenance
To be considered for this role, you must have a science degree with Honours in a relevant scientific area such as pharmaceutical or biological sciences, and demonstrated lab experience in a research role. Experience in working with and handling mice, genotyping, cell culture, molecular biology, protein techniques (western blotting, PCR, gene overexpression or knockdown) are required. Some experience with flow cytometry and gene cloning would be considered advantageous.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and enthusiastic, possess exceptional organisational and time management skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work both independently and within a team. The successful candidate should also have a meticulous approach to experimental work and the ability to accurately enter, process, store, retrieve and analyse data.
As an ONJCRI staff member, you will have access to generous benefits including salary packaging of $18,550 per Fringe Benefit Tax year (1 April to 31 March).
To download the position description click here.
Please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae, including referee details, quoting the reference number ONJCRI-040/2019 to Anna Prusa via email at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 29 January 2019
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY.