Volunteers at the ONJ Centre help to improve the hospital experience for patients and carers through support in roles such as:
- Direct patient/carer support and companionship
- Organising and running activities
- Welcoming, providing directions and concierge services
- Information access and support
- Consumer engagement and committee membership
- Providing professional skills i.e. hairdressing, graphic design, video editing, photography, horticulture/gardening.
Volunteers work throughout the ONJ Centre in Day Oncology, Apheresis, Radiation Oncology, on the wards, in our Palliative Care Unit, in the Wellness Centre and Information Lounge, and in waiting areas and public spaces. Volunteers work alongside and under the guidance of staff to help provide exceptional patient care.